Guest blog from Linda at Bikram Yoga Southside talks about the many benefits of Bikram yoga.
Linda’s top 5 are:
- Sports performance
- Health and beauty
- Healthy spine
- Medical conditions and injuries
- The mind
Today we look at her blog on the mind.
Open weekend at the Bikram Yoga Southside 23 and 24 April and experience the good stuff for yourself – for free!
The endorphin release experienced after a session has to be experienced to be understood. Walk home feeling on top of the world.
• Bikram Yoga is a great stress buster! The series reduces stress by quieting the nervous system and balancing hormones which in turn helps to balance emotions.
• Practicing yoga makes you feel more positive and boosts energy levels.
• Improved concentration and mental clarity make you function more efficiently in all aspects of your life.
• The challenging environment provided in the hot room builds concentration and mental strength.
• There is growing interest in the field of “Contemplative Neuro -Science” on the psychological benefits of yoga and meditation. Research from the Harvard Medical School demonstrates reductions in anxiety and depression levels resulting from the practice of yoga.
• Through practising Bikram Yoga, tennis player Andy Murray has managed to get his temper into control as well increasing his focus and self-belief. The tennis player accredits his success his Bikram Practice. Read Full Article
“Yoga is the perfect vehicle for change of self, first by creating a strong and powerful body and mind” – Bikram Chouwdhry