7 Styles – let us help you work out your yin from your yang!
There is such a variety of yoga styles out there and with our help you can find the one perfect for you.
1. Hatha – easy to learn and the foundation of all other yoga styles. Take it easy and enjoy! Great place to start.
2. Bikram – hot and sweaty! A comprehensive workout. One of the unusual but most beneficial aspects of Bikram’s yoga practice is the 95-105 degree temperature. If fit already this could be a great place to start but the heat is challenging so not for everyone.
3. Yin yoga – slow and quiet style. Works on the fascia and joints rather than the muscles. Great for stiff people or those apprehensive about yoga as there is plenty time to settle in.
4.Vinyasa – movement with breath. Physical and active style. Find a slower paced class if you are a beginner as you could get a shock if going in too advanced!
5. Ananda – gentle postures designed to move the energy up to the brain and prepare the body for meditation. Body alignment and breathing is the focus here and suitable for all.
6. Ashtanga – physically demanding style synchronising breath with a series of progressive poses. Not for beginners but many teachers run beginner courses to get you started.
7. Iyengar – slower longer held poses with the use of props such as blankets, blocks and belts to make poses more suited to each individual body. Suitable for all at beginner level and more experienced, as classes are categorised by level of difficulty. Great if you are recovering from injury too.